If you’re new to cannabis or enjoy the effects of cannabinoids but don’t like having to smoke, you might want to consider cannabis capsules. With a cannabis capsule, you simply have to swallow a pill and wait for the effects to start working. As you look for the right cannabis capsule for you, learn more about what they are, how they work, and the main types you can legally purchase.
What Are Cannabis Capsules?
Sometimes called THC capsules, cannabis capsules are pills that contain cannabis. Typically, cannabis capsules will contain decarboxylated cannabis flower, crystalline (powdered cannabinoids), or distillate (a runny liquid containing a high amount of one cannabinoid). These capsules can have a wide selection of psychoactive and non-psychoactive cannabinoids, such as Delta 8 THC, Delta 9 THC, THCO, or CBD. Due to the variety of cannabis types, it’s important to always check the label on them, as it will typically tell you what type of cannabinoid is used.
How Long Does It Take Cannabis Capsules to Work?
Unlike edibles that almost always take around two hours to deliver their full effects, cannabis capsules can range in the time it takes for them to kick in. For example, cannabis capsules that use an immediate-release system will take about as long as edibles to work, as your stomach will absorb the cannabinoids immediately. However, some cannabis capsules are time-released, meaning you might not receive their peak effects until a few hours after ingestion.
What Types of Cannabis Capsules Should I Try?
As you look for the right cannabis capsule, it’s important to know the differences between the main types of cannabis capsules available. By knowing more about how cannabis capsules are different, you can more easily find a capsule that works for you and delivers your desired effects. Review some of the top CBD and THC capsules below:
- Delta 8 Capsules: As one of the premier alternatives to standard marijuana, Delta 8 THC is a psychoactive cannabinoid that’s about ⅔ as potent as Delta 9 (the technical name for regular weed). Delta 8 gel capsules are often right for people who tend to get anxious or paranoid on Delta 9, want a more energetic high, or enjoy staying clear-headed while high. Some of the best Delta 8 capsules for those who want a stronger high contain THCO, as this cannabinoid can deliver even more powerful psychoactive effects than Delta 9.
- THCO Capsules: When you’re looking for the strongest high, THCO capsules are an excellent choice. THCO is an acetylated type of Delta 8, which can be three times stronger than Delta 9. Due to its powerful effects that can verge on the psychedelic, THCO is perfect for those who enjoy marijuana for recreational purposes. Some users also find that THCO capsules can stimulate creativity and make you feel dazed.
- HHC Capsules: As a naturally occurring substance in cannabis, HHC is similar to Delta 8 but offers somewhat less potent effects. When you take an HHC capsule, you can expect it to be about ¾ as strong as a D-8 capsule. Due to HHC’s reduced strength, HHC capsules are good beginner capsules for those who want psychoactive effects but don’t want to feel overwhelmed. Since HHC can provide a more energetic and clear-headed high, it’s also a great choice for those who enjoy getting things done while high.
- CBN Capsules: CBN is one of the least potent psychoactive cannabinoids, as it offers about ¼ the potency of Delta 9. Some people have found that CBN capsules stimulate appetite and have a sedative effect. Due to these capsules’ weaker psychoactive potency and potential sedative effects, they’re often taken as a sleep aid or starter capsule.
- CBG Capsules: Similar to CBD, CBG is a non-psychoactive minor cannabinoid used for its potential health benefits. While CBG isn’t as extensively researched as CBD, some studies have found it may be an effective treatment option for some neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. Even when you don’t have one of those disorders, some consumers have found that CBG capsules may assist with increasing their appetite or reducing nausea and vomiting.
- CBD Capsules: CBD is one of the most well-known and used cannabinoids across the United States. CBD capsules are non-psychoactive and some studies have pointed to potential health benefits, as CBD binds to 5-HT1A serotonin receptors and TRPV1 receptors. For example, some consumers report that CBD may be able to mediate body temperature, inflammation, and pain. It could potentially also assist with reducing symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and anxiety.
Try Hand-Crafted Cannabis Capsules From Carolindica
At Carolindica, we’re proud to craft all of our cannabis capsules in small batches to ensure they receive the right balance of ingredients and deliver an exceptional experience. Our wide selection of cannabis capsules and legal THC products makes it easy for our customers to find the right cannabinoid and ingestion method for them. We also offer products containing multiple cannabinoids, such as those that feature Delta 8 and HHC, as we’ve found combining cannabinoids can increase effects.