In the past, the most common way to make cannabis edibles was much more complicated and time-consuming. Since edibles typically had to be made from cannabis flower that you had to grind and decarboxylate before it could be added to butter, it could be a long process. Fortunately, the rise of Delta 8 concentrates, such as those found in Delta 8 syringes, have made it much easier to bake Delta 8 THC cookies and other edibles at home.
As you prepare to make Delta 8 cookies, take a moment to learn more about them and review our instructions about how to bake them.
Can Delta 8 Cookies Get You High?
Absolutely. The effects of Delta 8 THC are milder than other forms of THC, like Delta 9. While Delta 8 is psychoactive and will make you feel higher, many users report it provides a more gentle and relaxing high. This calmer high rather than an anxiety-inducing one causes some to prefer the product over Delta 9. Keep in mind, however, that high dosages of Delta 8 can still produce overpowering effects, so watch your dosage before consuming any D8-infused cookies.
Why Are Delta 8 Edibles So Popular?
Traditionally, the preferred method for consuming marijuana and other cannabinoids like Delta 8 has been smoking. Whether you rolled a joint, blunt, or hit the bong, the quickest way to have it enter your system was through smoking. While this is true, many have found THC edibles to be much more beneficial. Here’s why:
- The high lasts longer: There’s no doubt that eating a THC-infused edible takes longer to kick in. That’s because it must be absorbed by your digestive system. But, once it is, the effects can last for hours.
- It’s not harsh on your lungs or throat like smoking: Smoking can be harsh on the throat and lungs. Many choose to avoid this feeling and pop an edible instead.
- Delta 8 edibles are discreet: With a discreet Delta 8 edible in your pocket, you can go to an event, and regardless of whether it’s indoors or outdoors, you can experience the psychoactive effects of the marijuana plant without drawing any attention to yourself.
- The dosing method is much more precise: You can easily measure the exact amount of THC for each serving of your recipe using a Delta 8 syringe or Delta 8 tincture. Either option gives you more control over the dosage and helps you achieve the effect you’re looking for.
Recipe for Making Delta 8 THC Cookies
Ingredients for Delta 8 Cookies
- 1 Cup of softened butter
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 3 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons of hot water
- 2 Cups of semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions for Making Delta 8 Cookies
Once you’ve made sure you have all the ingredients you need, you’re ready to start the mixing and baking process. Follow the five easy steps below to make Delta 8 THC cookies that are sure to be a hit:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add 300 milligrams of Delta 8 tincture, using the syringe to extract 4.5 ml of the product. Next, mix the butter and Delta 8 thoroughly.
- Mix the sugars and butter mixture until smooth. Beat in the eggs one by one before adding the vanilla extract. Use the hot water to dissolve the baking soda and add it to the batter with the salt. Next, stir in the flour and add chocolate chips.
- Next, find a spoon or ice cream scoop to shovel the dough onto an ungreased pan. If you want to ensure you’re getting a similar dosage in every cookie, make sure to scoop them out evenly. You can also calculate the dosage by dividing the amount of Delta 8 you’ve used by the number of cookies you’re baking. For example, if you use 300 milligrams of Delta 8 in your recipe and bake ten cookies, each cookie should have roughly 30 milligrams of Delta 8 in it.
- Open up the oven, and place the tray on the middle rack. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until the edges are crisp and brown.
Infuse Your Delta 8 Cookies with Carolindica Products
At Carolindica, we have everything you need to bake Delta 8-infused cookies and make them as potent as you want. We have daytime and nighttime tinctures, or you can try our Delta 8 distillate to achieve the desired effect. Don’t forget to pick up a Delta 8 syringe to keep dosing simple.
If you’re interested in purchasing any of our Delta 8 products, please browse our selection today. You can also stop by one of our storefronts in Raleigh to purchase our products or speak to a helpful and knowledgeable cannabis expert.